Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pink,Theatre and Weather

I hope everyone is having a good week. Today in Language Arts we started a Readers Theatre. I chose an African Folktale and assigned everyone a role. We read the story as a play together and I was happy how much the students enjoyed it. They asked if we could work on it again tomorrow. I plan to put them into groups and then get them to act it out.

In Science we continue to study weather. We have been going on "Cloud Walks". Weather prediction is part of the grade four curriculum. In order to enhance that area we have been walking around the school during D.P.A. and studying how clouds are formed, different types and what they can tell us about the weather.

Today was Pink Shirt Day. People wore pink shirts to support Anti-Bullying Day. We read a book called "Sissy Duck". The students had a long discussion on how bullying has affected them. I was impressed with the compassion and honesty that was shown by the class. I encourge you to continue the discussion at home. Math and Music were also part of our busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment