Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday Update April 28

The class and for that fact the whole school do a wonderful job of recycling all forms of materials.
Click on the picture to enlarge

Notices:
The May Calendar

A student approached me with an interesting question to start the day. J said, "Mr. W I'm British, would it be ok if my parents kept me home to watch and celebrate the royal wedding." After a brief pause I said of course. There are moments in history where we ask ourselves where we were. I was too young to remember the Kennedy assignation, although I remember teachers in school crying about something, I remember what I was doing when the first person landing on the moon, I remember princess Diana's wedding and death, Terry Fox and Rick Hansen and 911.... moments I will never forget.

First thing today we did our daily writing assignment on being a teacher then followed the writing up with a math lesson on division. We use a French version to make long division shorter. After recess, for group work, we talked about Canadian government and the Queen then the students went to work to design a poster for the royal wedding. We watched royal video's on youtube to get our information.

After lunch we read for 35 min then went back to our royal video's and preparations for the royal wedding tomorrow.

Friday's test

The students will have to give 5 good facts about the royal wedding, the NHL Hockey playoffs or an early explorer. They will be tested on unit 29 in spelling and a series of division questions like 27/5 or 2465 / 2 or 5265 /2
Spelling words: Unit 29: disappear disappoint disagree dishonest unable uncertain unbeaten uncomfortable unkind unknown rewrite review rebuild recall misbehave misuse misunderstand misspell (Bonus: catastrophe motorcycle)

No comments:

Post a Comment